Clark County was established in 1818 and was one of the five counties in existence when Arkansas Territory was created in 1819. It was named for William Clark, best known as a leader of the Lewis and Clark Expedition and governor of Missouri Territory. The county seat is Arkadelphia.
A list of the Clark County records microfilm available at the Arkansas State Archives can be found in our County records microfilm collection.
The results below are automatically collected from materials on this site that have been tagged with the Geographical Area of “Clark County (Ark.)” This list does not include all of the Arkansas State Archives’ materials regarding this county, but provides a starting point for research. Please click on each title below to learn more about it and the collection to which it belongs.
Books from 1846
1846 June 22: George W. Wells, Colonel, Twenty-eighth Regiment of Arkansas Militia, Governor Thomas S. Drew, Muster roll of militia company, Clark County
Books from 1840
1840 January 18: James S. Ward, Clerk of Clark County, to Governor James S. Conway, Notification of vacancy in office of Coroner in Clark County
Books from 1832
1833 May 29: James H. Crow, Major, Clark County Militia, to William S. Fulton, Report of Militia
Books from 1826
1826 January 20: Chester Ashley and A. H. Sevier to Governor Izard, Reporting misconduct of John Williams, Justice of the Peace, Warm Spring Township, Clark County
Territorial judgment, Samuel Hall v. James Ball