Creator

Date Original

1950-1985

Description

This collection consists of three boxes containing club records and two scrapbooks, including membership, meeting notes, meeting attendance, and descriptions of club activities.

Biographical/Historical Note

The El Dorado Garden Club held its first meeting on April 21, 1950 under the name "Home Beautiful" and with a membership limit of 20 people. On May 19, 1950, the club title was changed to the "Evergreen Garden Club," and the group voted to be a member of the City Federation of Garden Clubs. Green and yellow were the club colors and the jonquil was the club flower. The group met in the homes of its members for presentations, discussions of plants, and for flower shows. These records show the club operated at least from 1950-1985.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

El Dorado, Union County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

MS.000872

Resource Type

Text

Collection

El Dorado (Ark.) Garden Club records, MS.000872

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

El Dorado (Ark.) Garden Club records, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS