Creator

Date Original

1905-1996

Description

This collection contains brochures, catalogs, bulletins, and other publications from Ouachita Baptist College and Ouachita Baptist University from 1905 to 1996.

Biographical/Historical Note

Ouachita Baptist College, now Ouachita Baptist University, is a private, liberal arts college in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. The school is named after the Ouachita River, which forms the eastern campus boundary. It is affiliated with the Arkansas Baptist State Convention and was founded as an institution of higher learning by a vote of the Convention. The school held its first classes on September 6, 1886. In 1965, it changed its name to Ouachita Baptist University.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Arkadelphia, Clark County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

MS.000921

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Ouachita Baptist College/Ouachita Baptist University (Arkadelphia, Ark.) collection, MS.000921

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Ouachita Baptist College/Ouachita Baptist University (Arkadelphia, Ark.) collection, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS