Creator

Date Original

1892-1908

Description

This collection contains the record book for Collins, Arkansas, for 1892-1908. This record book contains ordinances, minutes, records, lists of officers, and accounts for the town. It was found among the effects of Mr. John Larkin, who owned a farm in Drew County, Arkansas, outside of Collins. Administrative Information Publication Information

Biographical/Historical Note

The town of Collins, Arkansas, was first called Cut-Off as it was located just west of Cut-Off Creek in Drew County. Collins was a stage coach stop, and by 1872 it had a terminal for the railroad. This trade route was an important stop for cotton, hogs, and timber products. It was incorporated as a town in 1892. The town elected officials and aldermen to a town council, the legislative body that governed the town limits. These individuals were elected to ensure the town fulfilled its obligations to its citizens.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Collins, Drew County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

MS.000846

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Collins (Ark.) town council record book, MS.000846

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Collins (Ark.) town council record book, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS