Creator

Description

This is a black and white postcard with an image of the M.E. Church South in Harrison, Arkansas from a side angle on the front.

Biographical/Historical Note

The M.E. Church South was built in 1913 at the corner of Pine and Stephenson streets in Harrison. The church went through several name changes throughout the years. In 1939, it became the Harrison Methodist Church, in 1959 the First Methodist Church, and finally in 1968 it became the First United Methodist Church. The name changes reflect the evolution of the Methodist Church. The building was shut down in 1979 due to damage from a nearby gas explosion.

Transcription

M.E. Church South, Harrison, Ark.

Physical Description

Black and white postcard, 5.5" x 3.5"

Keywords

Churches; Postcards; Methodist Episcopal churches

Geographical Area

Harrison, Boone County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

ASA postcard collection, G1224.3

Resource Type

Image

Collection

ASA postcard collection

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

M.E. Church South, Harrison, Arkansas, ASA postcard collection, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Preview

image preview

Files

Download

Download Full Text (2.5 MB)

M.E. Church South, Harrison, Arkansas

Share

COinS