This collection contains a deed of trust, four warranty deeds, and one certificate of record, all relating to 40 acres of land held by John D. Winchester in Lawrence County, Arkansas.
In 1899, the Mix family sold a 40-acre lot in Lawrence County to the Pickett family. Upon the death of her husband, Mrs. May Jaggers (Pickett) sold the lot to John D. Winchester in 1919. The Winchester family occupied the land until 1961, when John and Laura Winchester sold it to Vernon and Ruth Foster. The 40 acres were located at the Southeast 1/4 of the Northeast 1/2 of Section 32, Township 17 North, Range 2 West (SE1/4 of NE1/2 of S32 T17N R2W).
Document; 8.5" x 11"
Lawrence County (Ark.)
Dennis O'brien collection, SMCNE.0002.0006
Arkansas State Archives
Northeast Arkansas Regional Archives
Dennis O'Brien collection, Northeast Arkansas Regional Archives, Powhatan, Arkansas.
United States History