Creator

Date Original

1896-2008

Description

This collection contains lists of church members, minutes of meetings, church letters, associational letters, correspondence, financial records, historical information, and other related materials.

Biographical/Historical Note

The Alpine Missionary Baptist Church, also known as the Union or Old Union Missionary Baptist Church, Alpine, Arkansas, was formed about 1856 by members of the Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, Glenwood, Arkansas. Among the early members were William Tucker, James Deaton, and Nancy Tucker. Its first location was a building "south of the Alpine Cemetery." In 1898 the church moved into Alpine. A new church building was built in 1975. After struggling for several years with declining membership and attendance, the church disbanded in 2008 and transferred its building and assets to the Alpine Volunteer Fire Department.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Alpine (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

MG.00027

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Alpine, Arkansas, Missionary Baptist Church records, MG.00027

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Alpine, Arkansas, Missionary Baptist Church Records, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS