Creator

Date Original

1949-1951

Description

This collection contains two catalogues from Arkansas Law School, dating from 1949-1951.

Biographical/Historical Note

The Little Rock Law Class was the first program of legal education in Arkansas. It was established in 1868. Arkansas Industrial University, now known as the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, assumed sponsorship of the class in 1892, establishing the Law Department in Little Rock. The Law Department existed until 1915, when a disagreement between the law school and the board of trustees resulted in the university withdrawing its sponsorship. Judge John H. Carmichael reorganized the Law Department into a private bar-sponsored institution known as the Arkansas Law School. Carmichael served as the school's dean for over 50 years. The school had its last graduating class in 1967.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Fayetteville, Washington County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

SMC.176.022

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Arkansas Law School catalogues, SMC.176.022

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Arkansas Law School catalogues, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS