Creator

Date Original

1929-1930

Description

This collection contains one annual announcement from Galloway Woman's College in Searcy, Arkansas, for the years 1929 to 1930.

Biographical/Historical Note

Galloway Woman's College was a college for women located in Searcy, Arkansas, and named for Methodist Bishop Charles Betts Galloway. The school opened in 1889 and would become known as the largest school for females in the South. In 1930, Galloway was merged with two other Methodist colleges, Hendrix College in Conway and Henderson-Brown College in Arkadelphia. Galloway College closed in 1933, and the property was sold to Harding University.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Searcy, White County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

SMC.176.006

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Galloway Woman's College (Searcy, Ark.) annual announcement, SMC.176.006

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Galloway Woman's College (Searcy, Ark.) annual announcement, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS