Creator

Date Original

1924-1997

Description

This collection contains eight copies of National Education Program letters, bulletins, pamphlets, and catalogs printed by Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas, from 1924 to 1997.

Biographical/Historical Note

Harding University is a private liberal arts university in Searcy, Arkansas. It was founded in April 1924 in Morrilton, Arkansas, and was named after James A. Harding, a minister and educator associated with the Church of Christ. It moved to the campus of the defunct Galloway Female College in Searcy, Arkansas, in 1934. Harding is the largest private university in Arkansas and has satellite campuses in North Little Rock, Paragould, and Rogers. In addition, it has international campuses and a graduate School of Theology in Memphis, Tennessee. It is associated with the Churches of Christ.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Searcy, White County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

MS.000949

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Harding University (Searcy, Ark.) collection, MS.000949

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Harding University (Searcy Ark.) collection, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS