Creator

Date Original

1893-1985

Description

This collection contains bulletins, catalogs, programs, and other material related to Conway Baptist College, now known as Central Baptist College, in Conway, Arkansas, from 1893 to 1985.

Biographical/Historical Note

Central Baptist College is a private liberal arts college in Conway, Arkansas. It first opened under the name of Central College in 1892. The original purpose of the institution was to train women in courses related to home, church, business, and society. Central College closed in 1947; and after the purchase of the campus by the Arkansas Missionary Baptist Association, Conway Baptist College opened in September of 1952. The name of the institution was changed to Central Baptist College in 1962. Since its opening, the coursework has expanded to offer degrees beyond bible studies and both men and women now attend the college.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Conway, Faulkner County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

MS.000946

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Central Baptist College/Conway Baptist College (Conway, Ark.) collection, MS.000946

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Central Baptist College/Conway Baptist College (Conway, Ark.) collection, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS