Creator

Date Original

1948-1954

Description

This collection contains brochures and bulletins from 1948 to 1954 produced by Arkansas Agricultural and Mechanical College, later known as the University of Arkansas at Monticello, in Monticello, Arkansas.

Biographical/Historical Note

The University of Arkansas at Monticello is a four-year liberal arts university located in Monticello, Arkansas. It is part of the University of Arkansas System. It was established by an act of the Arkansas General Assembly in 1909 and was originally called the Fourth District Agricultural School. It opened on September 14, 1910. In 1925, its name was changed to Arkansas Agricultural and Mechanical College. It received accreditation as a junior college in 1928 and as a four-year institution in 1940. It joined the University of Arkansas System on July 1, 1971 and was renamed the University of Arkansas at Monticello.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Monticello, Drew County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

MS.000915

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Arkansas Agricultural and Mechanical College/University of Arkansas at Monticello (Monticello, Ark.) collection, MS.00915

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Arkansas Agricultural and Mechanical College/University of Arkansas at Monticello (Monticello, Ark.) collection, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS