Creator

Date Original

1910-1989

Description

This collection contains bulletins, catalogs, programs, newsletters, and other documents related to Henderson State Teachers College, now known as Henderson State University, from 1910 to 1989.

Biographical/Historical Note

Henderson State University is a public liberal arts university in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. It was founded in 1890 as Arkadelphia Methodist College. The name was changed in 1905 to Henderson College after Charles Christopher Henderson who was a prominent businessman and trustee in Arkadelphia. It was renamed Henderson-Brown College in 1911, to include the name of another trustee, Walter William Brown. It was established as a teachers college in 1929 and renamed Henderson State Teachers College. In 1967, its name changed again to Henderson State College, and finally it became Henderson State University in 1975.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Arkadelphia, Clark County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

MS.000914

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Henderson State University/Henderson State Teachers College/ Henderson-Brown College/Arkadelphia Methodist College (Arkadelphia, Ark.) collection, MS.000914

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Henderson State University/Henderson State Teachers College/Henderson-Brown College/Arkadelphia Methodist College (Arkadelphia, Ark.) collection, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS