Creator

Date Original

1925-1932

Description

This collection contains nine membership applications for the United Daughters of the Confederacy from 1925 to 1932.

Biographical/Historical Note

On September 10, 1894, in Nashville, Tennessee, Caroline Meriwether Goodlett and Ann Davenport Raines organized the National Association of the Daughters of the Confederacy. A year later the name was changed to the Daughters of the Confederacy. The group incorporated on July 18, 1919, stating that the organizations' objectives were historic, benevolent, educational, memorial, and patriotic. Arkansas' first chapter was chartered May 7, 1896, the Pat Cleburne Chapter in Hope, Arkansas. It was followed by eighteen chapters spread around the state.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Arkansas

Language

English

Identifier

SMC.074.016

Resource Type

Text

Collection

United Daughters of the Confederacy membership applications, SMC.074.016

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

United Daughters of the Confederacy membership applications, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS