Creator

Date Original

1898

Description

This collection contains an Abstract of Title to lands in Clay County, pre­pared by Douglas Hopson.

Biographical/Historical Note

The Abstract of Title in this collection was prepared and issued by abstractor Douglas Hopson to A.W. Tharp, for lands in Clay County, Arkansas. Clay County lies in the Northeast corner of the state and is bound north and east by the State of Missouri; south by Greene and west by Randolph County, Arkansas. Clay County was a part of the territory of New Madrid, Missouri in about 1812. After that, Randolph and Greene in the early 1830,s. Around 1832, this area increased very slowly for the next twenty years, after which it advanced quite rapidly. On the outbreak of the Civil War, it came to a standstill. In 1875 the county was renamed from Clayton to Clay to honor Henry Clay.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Corning, Clay County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

SMC.041.020

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Clay County (Ark.) abstract of title, SMC.041.020

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Clay County (Ark.) abstract of title, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS