Creator

Date Original

1888

Description

This collection contains a letter written by White County Examiner B.P. Baker as a member of the Galloway Female College Building Committee.

Biographical/Historical Note

B.P. Baker was a member of the building committee of Galloway Female College. Galloway College was a college for women located in Searcy, Arkansas and named for Methodist Bishop Charles B. Galloway. The school opened in 1889 and would become known as the largest school for females in the South. In 1930, Galloway was merged with two other Methodist college, Hendrix College (Conway) and Henderson-Brown College (Arkadelphia). Galloway College closed in 1933, and the property was sold to Harding University.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

White County, (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

SMC.037.027

Resource Type

Text

Collection

B.P. Baker letter, SMC.037.027

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

B.P. Baker letter, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS