Creator

Description

This is a color postcard featuring an image of the front of the Arkansas School for the Blind, located on Center Street in Little Rock.

Biographical/Historical Note

This is the second location for the Arkansas School for the Blind. It was originally in Arkadelphia but moved to Little Rock in 1868. The first location, as pictured, in Little Rock was on Center Street. The school moved in 1939 to its current location. This building in no longer in existence.

Transcription

State School for Blind, Little Rock, Ark.

Physical Description

Color postcard, 5.5" x 3.5"

Keywords

Schools; Special education; Educational facilities; Postcards

Contributor

Edith and Lehman, Mrs. J.W.

Geographical Area

Little Rock, Pulaski County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

ASA postcard collection, G954.2

Resource Type

Image

Collection

ASA postcard collection

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

State School for the Blind, Little Rock, Arkansas, ASA postcard collection, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Preview

image preview

Files

Download

Download Full Text (2.0 MB)

State School for the Blind, Little Rock, Arkansas

Share

COinS