1836 County Courthouse in Washington, Hempstead County, Arkansas
Angled view of the front of the 1836 Hempstead County Courthouse in Washington, which served as the Confederate State Capitol from 1863-1865. There is a large tree blocking the view of the building. Most of the siding on the building is unpainted. Image from the Arkansas State Publicity Department.
Washington, Hempstead County (Ark.)
PHC photo file
Arkansas State Archive
PHC00004114, PHC photo file, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.
Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at email@example.com.
United States History