Creator

Date Original

1942-1943

Description

These handbooks were written for new soldiers and instructors stationed at Camp Robinson in Arkansas during WWII. They include information about the camp and what type of services it provided.

Biographical/Historical Note

Camp Joseph T. Robinson is located in North Little Rock, Arkansas, the home of the Arkansas National Guard. Originally Camp Robinson was named Camp Pike in honor of General Zebulon Montgomery Pike, and in 1937, the camp was renamed after United States Senator Joseph Taylor Robinson. The post was taken over by the United State Government in 1940 and became a replacement training center during World War II. Two different centers, an Army training and a medical training center, were stationed at Camp Robinson during World War II, but were later combined to form the Infantry Replacement Training Center.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

North Little Rock, Pulaski County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

SMC.0174.0026

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Camp Robinson Replacement Training Center handbooks, SMC.0174.0026

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Camp Robinson Replacement Training Center handbooks, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS