Creator

Date Original

1895 June

Description

This collection contains a plat map showing additional land for depot grounds on "mile 437," for the Kansas City, Fort Scott, and Memphis Railroad, in Poinsett County, Arkansas.

Biographical/Historical Note

The Kansas City, Fort Scott, and Memphis Railroad was first established as the Kansas and Neosho Valley Railroad in March of 1865. The name changed to the Missouri River, Fort Scott, and Gulf Railroad in October of 1868. It was reorganized again in 1879, and its name was changed to the Kansas City, Fort Scott, and Gulf Railroad Company. It was eventually consolidated with another company in 1888 under the name of Kansas City, Fort Scott, and Memphis Railroad Company.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Poinsett County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

SMC.OV.130

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Poinsett County (Ark.) railroad depot grounds plat map, SMC.OV.130

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Poinsett County (Ark.) railroad depot grounds plat map, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS