Creator

Date Original

1895 September

Description

This collection contains the docket of St. Francis County's Circuit Court for the summer term, 1895. The county clerk from 1894-1896 was T.C. Folbre and the county judge was J.S.R. Cowan. This document was printed in the Forrest City Times. The back side of this manuscript has notes regarding a case that evolved D.J. Porter and G.W. Macrae. The notes do not state the name of the case or the case number.

Biographical/Historical Note

St. Francis County, Arkansas, was formed on October 13, 1827, and named for the St. Francis River. The county seat is Forrest City. Franklin County, Arkansas, was established in 1837. It was previously part of Crawford County. The county seats of Franklin County are Charleston and Ozark.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

St. Francis, Clay County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

SMC.OV.034

Resource Type

Text

Collection

St. Francis Circuit Court docket, SMC.OV.034

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

St. Francis Circuit Court docket, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS