Creator

Date Original

1926-1946

Description

This collection contains bulletins from the College of the Ozarks, now known as the University of the Ozarks, in Clarksville, Arkansas, from 1926-1946.

Biographical/Historical Note

The College of the Ozarks, now known as the University of the Ozarks, is a private, four-year liberal arts university in Clarksville, Arkansas. It was founded by Cumberland Presbyterians in 1834 and is the oldest university in Arkansas. It also became the first university to admit women in 1875. In its beginning, it was named Cane Hill School and was located in Cane Hill, Arkansas. It later became Cane Hill College. It was succeeded by Arkansas Cumberland College in Clarksville, Arkansas, in September 1891. The name changed again in 1920, to the College of the Ozarks and then finally to the University of the Ozarks in 1987. It is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Clarksville, Johnson County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

SMC.175.009

Resource Type

Text

Collection

The College of the Ozarks/University of the Ozarks/Arkansas CumberlandCollege (Clarksville, Ark.) bulletins, SMC.175.009

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

The College of the Ozarks/University of the Ozarks/Arkansas Cumberland College (Clarksville, Ark.) bulletins, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS