Creator

Date Original

1897-1912

Description

This collection contains catalogues, programs, and announcements of Galloway College, Searcy, Arkansas.

Biographical/Historical Note

Galloway College was a college for women located in Searcy, Arkansas and named for Methodist Bishop Charles B. Galloway. The school opened in 1889 and would become known as the largest school for females in the South. In 1930, Galloway was merged with two other Methodist college, Hendrix College (Conway) and Henderson-Brown College (Arkadelphia). Galloway College closed in 1933, and the property was sold to Harding University.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

White County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

SMC.061.006

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Galloway College collection, SMC.061.006

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Galloway College collection, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS