Creator

Date Original

1909

Description

This collection contains a trip pass for the Little Rock Railway and Electric Company issued in January 1909.

Biographical/Historical Note

Little Rock Street Railway and Electric Company began operation on March 17, 1903. The company was formed from a merger of the Little Rock Traction and Electric Company and the Little Rock Edison Electric Light and Power Company. The new company was given a fifty year municipal electric railway franchise and a franchise for municipal lighting in perpetuity. The company issued one and a half million dollars in common stock. The president of the Little Rock Street Railway and Electric Company was D. H. Cantrell. By 1913 the company owned 32.3 miles of electrified track. The assets of this company were acquired by the Arkansas Central Power Company on April 10, 1923.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Little Rock, Pulaski County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

SMC.059.009

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Little Rock Railway and Electric Company trip pass, SMC.059.009.

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Little Rock Railway and Electric Company trip pass, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS