Creator

Date Original

1899 June 8-9

Description

This collection contains a ribbon from a meeting of the Arkansas Press Association held in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

Biographical/Historical Note

The Arkansas Press Association was established on October 15, 1873, “to promote the interests of the press by securing unity of thought and action in relation to the profession of journalism and the business of publishing, to elevate its tone, purify its expressions, enlarge its usefulness, advance it in wisdom and justice, extend its influence in the work of true civilization, and to cultivate friendly relations and a spirit of fraternal regard among its members.” It is the oldest trade association in Arkansas. As the influence and prosperity of the newspapers in Arkansas grew, the association purchased its own building at 17th and Broadway in 1981. The association soon outgrew this building and, in 2000, purchased a spacious building at 411 South Victory Street, within view of the Arkansas State Capitol. At the Victory Street building, it conducts the business of the association and maintains a library and museum.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Hot Springs, Garland County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

SMC.068.031

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Arkansas Press Association ribbon, SMC.068.031

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Arkansas Press Association ribbon, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS