Creator

Date Original

1875-1894

Description

This collection contains papers from the Ladies Benevolent Association from 1875-1894. It includes incorporation papers, letters, financial notes, and an account ledger with entries from 1880-1894.

Biographical/Historical Note

The Ladies Benevolent Association in Little Rock, Arkansas, was incorporated in 1875 for the purpose of helping the afflicted and helpless, feeding the hungry, and bringing practical aid and relief to the poor and needy. The officers and directors were chosen from members of the Ladies Benevolent Association. Two directors were from each of the seven churches in Little Rock, Arkansas. The president of the association had the authority to make any appropriations to a person or hospital as deemed necessary. The original officers were Mrs. M.E. Haynie, president; Mrs. J. Haney, vice president; Miss A.S. Crease, secretary; and Mrs. M.J. Williams, treasurer.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Little Rock, Pulaski County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

MS.000321

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Ladies Benevolent Association records, MS.000321

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Ladies Benevolent Association records, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS