Creator

Date Original

1859-1860

Description

This collection contains three certificates for payments due to Mrs. H.A. Rabb for having levees built inthe Helena Swamp Land District, Phillips County.

Biographical/Historical Note

Phillips County was established in 1820 and named for early settler Sylvanus Phillips. The county bordered the Mississippi River and was vulnerable to flooding. Levees were constructed along the river to prevent damage from overflows.

Physical Description

Document, 8.5" x 11"

Geographical Area

Phillips County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

SMC.015.002

Resource Type

Text

Collection

Rabb swamp land certificates, SMC.015.002

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Rabb swamp land certificates, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Disciplines

United States History

Share

COinS