Download Full Text (531 KB)
This is a photograph of the newly completed Student Center on the Arkansas State College campus.
Students pictured are: Don Schaefer (Searcy), Glenna Grigsby (Rector), Dorothy Cash (Lake City). Arkansas State College was first founded as an agricultural school in 1909 by Act 100 of the state legislature. In 1925, legislation designated the school as the First District Agricultural and Mechanical College. In 1933, accredidation and efforts evolved the school into Arkansas State College. Eventually in 1967, the school made one final transition to Arkansas State University which it continues to be today.
Photograph, 10.5" x 8.5"
Education; Educational facilities; Schools; Students; Buildings
Lawrence County (Ark.)
NEARA photo collection
Arkansas State Archives
Northeast Arkansas Regional Archives
New Baptist Student Center at Arkansas State College, NEARA photo collection, Northeast Arkansas Regional Archives, Powhatan, Arkansas.
Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education | United States History