Creator

Description

This is a black and white postcard with the image of the front of Harrison High School on it.

Biographical/Historical Note

Harrison High School was built in 1912 with funds from Act 328 of 1911. The building was designed by Harry Schwebke and R.D. Pollard in the Prairie School and International Style of architecture. It served as a high school and then junior high school until 1987 when the building became the Boone County Heritage Museum. In 2007, the building was put on the National Register of Historic Places.

Transcription

Harrison High School, Harrison, Ark.

Physical Description

Black and white postcard, 5.5" x 3.5"

Keywords

Schools; Postcards; Architecture

Geographical Area

Harrison, Boone County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

ASA postcard collection, G1224.8

Resource Type

Image

Collection

ASA postcard collection

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Harrison High School, ASA postcard collection, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Preview

image preview

Files

Download

Download Full Text (2.2 MB)

Harrison High School

Share

COinS