Creator

Date Original

1910 August 10

Description

This is a black and white postcard, the front of which shows an image of the three story courthouse with horses and wagons in front of it. There is an handwritten address on the back. It was mailed in 1910.

Biographical/Historical Note

Berryville became the county seat of Carroll County in 1875 after the previous county seat became a part of the newly created Boone County. This courthouse was completed in 1880, and was used as the county's courthouse until 1975. As of 2014, it is the location of the Carroll County Heritage Center Museum.

Transcription

No. 147
Court House,
Berryville, Ark.
Simon
Notion Co.
Berryville, Ark
Aug 28 / 10
Mrs. E.G. Haddir
Burlington
Ga.
1822 Osborn St.

Physical Description

Black and white postcard, 5.5" x 3.5"

Keywords

Courthouses; Government facilities; Horses; Postcards

Geographical Area

Berryville, Carroll County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

ASA postcard collection, G5546

Resource Type

Image

Collection

ASA postcard collection

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Courthouse, Berryville, Arkansas, ASA postcard collection, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Preview

image preview

Files

Download

Download Full Text (1.6 MB)

Courthouse, Berryville, Arkansas

Share

COinS