Creator

Description

This black and white postcard depicts an image of the Blytheville City Hospital on the front. The back is blank, and the postcard was never sent. Its date of publication is unknown.

Biographical/Historical Note

Blytheville is the largest city in Mississippi County, Arkansas, and one of the two county seats. It is located approximately 60 miles north of West Memphis. Blytheville was founded by Methodist clergyman Henry T. Blythe in 1879. It received a post office in 1879, was incorporated in 1889, and became the county seat for the northern half of Mississippi County (Chickasawba District) in 1901.

Transcription

CITY HOSPITAL, BLYTHEVILLE, ARK.

Physical Description

Black and white postcard, 5.5" x 3.5"

Keywords

Postcards; Hospitals

Geographical Area

Blytheville, Mississippi County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

ASA postcard collection, G927.4.1

Resource Type

Image

Collection

ASA postcard collection

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

City Hospital, Blytheville, Arkansas, ASA postcard collection, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Preview

image preview

Files

Download

Download Full Text (1.4 MB)

City Hospital, Blytheville, Arkansas

Share

COinS