Creator

Date Original

1973

Description

Color photographic transparency of the Old Randolph County Courthouse in Pocahontas with cars parked around it and businesses surrounding it. The courthouse is in a square, between West Broadway, North Marr, East Everett, and North Bettis Streets.

Biographical/Historical Note

The Old Randolph County Courthouse was constructed in 1875, and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973, for architecture significance as an example of courthouse constructed in the Italianate style, which is uncommon in Northeast Arkansas. Randolph County relocated its court facilities to a newer courthouse in 1940 and the old courthouse has been used for various functions since.

Physical Description

Color transparency, 1" x 1.5"

Subjects

Courthouses; Transparencies; Historic buildings

Geographical Area

Pocahontas, Randolph County (Ark.)

Language

English

Identifier

UPAHPP_107305

Resource Type

Image

Collection

Arkansas Historic Preservation Program unprocessed transparencies

Publisher

Arkansas State Archives

Contributing Entity

Arkansas State Archives

Recommended Citation

Old Randolph County Courthouse, Pocahontas, Randolph County, Arkansas, Arkansas Historic Preservation Program unprocessed transparencies, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Rights

Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at state.archives@arkansas.gov.

Preview

image preview

Keywords

Courthouses; Transparencies; Historic buildings

Share

COinS