1836 County Courthouse in Washington, Hempstead County, Arkansas
1940 April 2
Angled view of the front of the 1836 Hempstead County Courthouse in Washington, which served as the Confederate State Capitol from 1863-1865. There is a large tree blocking the view of the building. Most of the siding on the building is unpainted.
Washington, Hempstead County (Ark.)
PHC photo file
Arkansas State Archive
PHC00004113, PHC photo file, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.
United States History